Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Slowdown

The other day my body decided to remind me that I'd been pushing it too hard for most of May, and I came down with a cold. People are still very busy at work, and so a few people have come in sniffling which is awful. Should life really be that bad you can't take time off work if you're sick? I myself had a bit of an inner debate. Sure, I had stuff to do at work...and it was ONLY a cold. But then again, the world wasn't going to end if I took A DAY off...and my head felt awful. So I called in sick. I am once again reminded that I am in the wrong job, which is any job where things 'fall apart' if you take time off, or you hesitate to take holidays because such and such an event is on. I do not want my life dictated by someone else's event schedule, thank you!

This weekend I had planned a bit of a catch up weekend with people, so I was sorry to have to cancel on them - because I really did want to hang out. But I've been ignoring my body for a while, so I thought, it's time to just CHILL.

I've curled up with a Frankie Magazine for a change and am going to keep dreaming about what the future has in store :)

No comments:

Post a Comment